Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pumpkin Bread

 I love pumpkin!  It's one of my favorite things about the fall.  I consume ungodly amounts and by December I've usually had my fill to last me until the next fall.

This past week I've been playing around with a few recipes I found for pumpkin bread. I wanted to use coconut oil (if you don't have this in your pantry go get it) and I wanted to add more fiber.  My kids love this bread for breakfast or for a quick snack!

Enjoy :)

Pumpkin Bread Recipe


Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use dark brown)
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ (you could use whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
*1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 nutmeg
*1/4 ginger
*** you could use 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice- I don't because I use all organic spices.
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (or water)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

1. preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and spray with oil

2. Whisk together dry ingredients.  Create a well in the center of the bowl and add wet ingredients.  Mix ingredients together until ingredients are combined.  DO NOT OVER MIX.

3. Pour batter into loaf pan.  Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.  Let cool until it reaches room temperate.


No comments:

Post a Comment